13 April 2014

EASTER EGGS


Just a few days to go until my favourite holiday of the year!!

The holiday of hot cross buns, pickled fish, treasure hunts and of course CHOCOLATE!!
One of my favourite Easter treats has always been a marshmallow egg, and this year I thought why not make my own??
I have an easy peasy marshmallow recipe that sets really chewy (almost like a cross between marshmallow and nougat). It’s to die for!! And what could be better than covering such yumminess in chocolate?

I decided to make my marshmallow pink,
Just look how chewy and delicious they are!
I also picked up a really cool trick to making them egg shaped while researching on the world wide web. Basically, you fill a baking tray with flour, and then press an egg into it to leave an egg shaped depression. When your marshmallow is done you simply spoon/pipe it into the 'mould' and it will set in that shape… GENIUS!
Making the moulds for an egg shaped egg

And don't forget to let me know how they turn out!
HAPPY COOKING AND HAPPY EASTER


2 comments:

  1. They are so YUMMY that I nearly wish I was on FB... :) Can't wait for my special DADDY batch... ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, got 3 of these incredible beauties for Easter... Sometimes it's just too awesome, to be a Dad... Thanks, Sweety! Mwah xx

    ReplyDelete