5 August 2013

All fingers crossed for summer!

Feeling inspired by the beautiful weather we had this weekend, the avocados that are finally coming back into season and the fact that I don’t eat nearly enough fish, I came up with this beautiful recipe. 

Sesame Crusted Trout with Spicy Avo Salsa
It’s really light, fresh and summery, so I may be jumping the gun a little, but there can be no harm in hoping can there?? Besides, if this weekend was anything to go by, we may just be getting lucky. It’s also really quick and easy to make so it’s perfect for those days when you arrive home after work exhausted and starving.

If you are feeling adventurous you can also add a cubed pineapple or , when they are in season, mango to it. That is one of my favourite things to eat with any fish, and it’s especially nice with grilled prawns.

Lastly in case you hadn’t noticed- unlike pretty much every recipe I’ve ever shared it’s really quite healthy. All the fats are good fats and it’s fish, full of omega what what and all that stuff.

I used trout to make mine, not only is it very much cheaper, but it’s also a lot less fishy than salmon, and in a lot of ways I prefer it. You can however use salmon if you wish, or even tuna, or any other firm fish for that matter.

Click here to find this delicious recipe on my recipe page:


  Happy cooking and healthy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment