25 August 2013

Springs fruit- Granadilla Tartlets

Before I went to Silwood I must say there were a lot of things I had never tried. Not because I was fussy, but because for some reason we never ate those things in our house when I was growing up. I could probably spend quite a while writing a long list of all those things, but that would be rather boring to do, and to read. 

One of the things I had never eaten was a granadilla (I didn't even know that a grandillla and a passionfruit were the same thing *BLUSH*). I have however grown a lot, and am now in love with these delicious little fruits, so ofcourse I was delighted to see them coming back into season.

There are many ways you can eat this delightful fruit. Aside from just cutting it in half and eating it with a spoon, it makes the most beautiful cakes, cordials, mousses, tartlets, yogurts, jams and jellies. It really is a beautifully versatile fruit that can be added to almost anything. It's also incredibly good for you as it is a great source of antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and calcium.

After coming home with a whole lot of them that were left over from a shoot I spent a little time trying to figure out how I could add them to my cupcakes. The obvious answer was a curd. So off I went on my little mission of making a delicious granadilla curd. 
 
Granadilla Curd
Well the curd didn't make it anywhere near my cupcakes, because it was just too delicious! I did however manage to make some beautiful little tartlets...


Not only is this maybe one of the easiest desserts I have ever made, it's possibly also one of the nicest. Beautifully rich creamy curd, and short crispy pastry. Add a dollop of chantilly cream or maybe even a little ice-cream and there you have it - Granadilla flavoured heaven. 

Beautiful, easy and delicious Granadilla Curd Tartlets :)

Click here to find both my GRANADILLA CURD AND TARTLET RECIPES.

Happy cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment