28 May 2015

By Popular Demand - HUMMUS!

That good food and wine time of year has just come and gone, and this year I was lucky enough to introduce, promote and demonstrate a brand I really love!


BELLA.




For those of you who have not yet met Bella, it is a North American brand of kitchen appliances that has just been launched in SA by House IT Africa.


Amoung others, some of the really cool products I have been working with and demonstrating include a hot air popcorn maker, an ice cream machine, a cold press juicer and rocket blenders.


However there is one machine that stands out for me. It's just such a clever little thing...  The sports blender.


Anyone who knows me will know that I am somewhat obsessed with smoothies, which is why I absolutely had to have one. It's a single serve rocket blender that comes with a very cool to-go lid. Perfect for all of us morning haters, who can't pull ourselves out of bed early to make and eat breakfast.


Demonstrating sports blenders with future life


During one of my demonstration slots at the 'Well I Am' theatre I decided to make hummus in the SB to show how versatile this little machine is. Which by the way couldn't have been easier.




Hummus with Pita's


To say it was a hit is an understatement! Everyone at the show absolutely loved it. Some asked where they can buy it, and I even had an Israeli gentleman tell me it's the first good hummus he's had SA and that it's yummy enough to serve at a hummus bar. Yes hummus bar, did I'm mention I'm moving to Israel?


I'm thinking next year I'll be back with a hummus stand, but for now, as promised- here is the recipe!




Demming at the Well I am Theatre






I bought super garlic(like normal garlic on steroids), which is why I only use 1 clove. Feel free to add more or less as you like.




I love eating hummus for lunch with crudités, but it's also really yummy with pita bread and as a spread!


Happy Thursday all. Have a fantastic weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment