5 May 2015

Winter Warming Butternut Soup

Most people think this is weird, but I LOVE WINTER!

I love wearing boots, hoodies and scarves, I love sleeping in, running through the rain and cuddling on the couch, but most of all... I LOVE WINTER FOOD!!

Curries, stews and casseroles, roasts and potatoes with gravy, pastas, bakes and of course- SOUPS!

Sometimes the simplest things bring the most pleasure, and for me one of those things is soup. Especially simple soups, the kind of soups that take one or two ingredients and showcase them as they are... Unpretentious soup.

Spicy Roasted Butternut Soup
Yesterday I took a trip to Rodgers Fruiters on Kommetjie Road, where I found some beautiful(massive) butternuts that were still covered in soil, and immediately changed the dinner menu...




If there is one thing I miss all summer long, it's butternut soup. It's a winter staple in my house and couldn't be easier to make!
 


Try my recipe here:


The end result is a thick hearty soup, with a velvety texture and delicious spicy after taste.

Try it the next time the sky is grey, you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment