23 November 2013

Spicey Cous Cous Salad with Roasted Butternut and Feta

I feel like a bad mother who has been neglecting her child. I just saw that it has been almost 2 weeks since I updated... Although in my defense I updated 2 days in a row, and last weekend was Josh's birthday.

I took him for a beautiful weekend on a fruit farm in the Cederberg, where being the smart ass I am I fell into a freezing cold river... But that is another story entirely!

Seeing as I was the organizer of this weekend (it was a surprise for him) I got to choose every thing we were going to eat myself :)

Josh has a thing for ribs, and every time I tell him that the ribs where ever we are aren't up to standard I get a "well why don't you try do better?". I have been threatening to for a while so this was the perfect opportunity. I even did the braaiing myself to make sure they were perfect.


See girls can braai too!

Delicious sticky plum ribs straight off the braai

I have shared this recipe before, so if you have not tried it yet- today is the perfect day!

However, this is not what I wanted to share on this stunning Saturday in beautiful Cape Town. Today I wanted to share my favourite braai accompaniment. Its a Moroccan flavoured cous cous salad with roasted butternut and feta, that is not only deliciously moreish, its also quite quick and easy to make (much more so than potato salad), very filling and super healthy.

Moroccan Cous Cous Salad
I love this salad so much that it often becomes dinner on its own, I also always have to make extra so that everyone has lunch for the next day.

If you are having a braai this beautiful afternoon, try it out. You won't be disappointed and neither will your guests.


Happy Saturday and Happy Braaiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment