9 November 2013

Summer Time Beetroot Salad

Beetroots are one of my favourite vegetables, with its beautiful rich red colour, dense texture and strangely sweet yet earthy flavour.

I first came across the combination of beetroot and goat's cheese while reading through my copy of The Flavour Thesaurus by Niki Segnit. If you do not own/have never seen this book, do your selves a favour and get your hands on a copy. Josh bought mine for me as a birthday gift a few years back, and it is pretty much my bible.

Niki mentions delicious things like goats cheese souffle with beetroot ice cream, and beetroot tart with goats cheese meringue-YUM!!! She also shares some wonderful recipes, but still, to me the most delicious and simple way to cook a beetroot is to roast it. With some crispy dark edges and a soft sweet centre (I always have to cook extra because most of it doesn't even make it to the table), paired with a lively stinging goats cheese is pretty much a match made in savoury heaven.

Having said that, who wouldn't love to spend a beautiful summer day, feasting on delicious bowls of guilt free (and delicious) salad and an ice cold glass (or two or three) of crisp white wine?? 

Summer time Al Fresco Style
So we have beetroot, we have goats cheese, we have salad, we have wine, and it's summer... What are we waiting for?!?!

Click here to see my fabulous Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad Recipe.

Guilt free savoury heaven in a Bowl

Happy Feasting everybody.

Have a wonderful, guilt free Summer weekend .


No comments:

Post a Comment