28 October 2013

BURGERS FOR LUNCH

There's nothing better than a relaxed Sunday lunch with the family. I know some times trying to organize and feed the masses can be a little stressful, but it really shouldn't be. It should in fact be quite the opposite, it should be a very happy time full of fun, laughter and little people.

Yesterday was a very special little girls 7th birthday, and after a big party with all her friends on Saturday, the family was invited over for a fantastic burger braai on Sunday.

The crowds arrived with families and cooler boxes in tow, and were treated to some of the most fantastic burgers topped with melted cheese and an assortment of different burger toppings to please those of all tastes, shapes, sizes and ages.

This was finished off with some Ice-cream cones and apple cake. A perfect family lunch, that is restively stress free(especially for the ladies, seeing as the men braai-Thanks Duncan).

Yes, I'm definitely a burger and beer kind of a girl, so this really was the perfect way to spend a Sunday for me. Food in the sun, with a beerie in hand and the sound of happy children running around.

So therefore I would like to share my 2 favourite burger recipes with you, for you to try at your next family lunch.


My Favourite Chicken Burger
This way of cooking chicken is one of my favourites, if you let it cook until the sweet chilli sauce has started to caremelize you will fall in love.

I also love to cut the chicken into strips (marinade and cook them the same way) and use them to fill wraps and to top chicken salads.


Best Beef Burger

This is my very own beef burger recipe which I'm sure you will love as much as we all do. If you are cooking for a lot of people though, don't be afraid to get ready made burgers from you local butcher.

Also, if you don't like blue cheese (I know it's not child friendly), don't be afraid to change it for a different cheese that you do LOVE :)


Happy Cooking! 

1 comment: