9 February 2015

Lemon, Lemon and more Lemon

I recently asked my followers on Facebook what their favourite recipe to cook, bake and/or eat is, and about 80 % of the answers had to do with lemon. Lemon tart, lemon cake, lemon squares, lemon meringue, lemon cheese cake, and basically anything lemony and sweet. 

Lemons are often completely under rated and under admired, and the more I think about it, the more I realise how much I rely on lemons in ALL of my day to day cooking. Lemons are one thing I always have in my kitchen, and use almost daily, weather to flavour roasts, make dressings and sauces, or marinade meat and fish. 

However, when it comes to the sweeter side of this sour fruit, my absolute favourite, without a single doubt are 'Hidden Centre Lemon Meringue Cupcakes'. I'm sure those of you who have tasted these will have to agree. From the buttery, fluffy cake, to the tart, creamy lemon curd in the centre and the soft sticky italian meringue icing on top, each bite of these yummy little cakes is pure happiness.

This picture was taken by Sean Calitz, thanks again Sean:)
 

Lemon meringue cupcakes with candied lemon rind and lemon slices
Find this recipe and a whole lot more here:

Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment