26 February 2015

AFRICAN EGGS aka SHAKSHURA

For as long as I can remember knowing about this dish, I remember calling it African eggs. Even though, technically non of the ingredients are African nor is it African in origin. Somehow the name has just stuck.

It is a dish that I often forget about, and yet every time I cook it I fall in love with it all over again. I think it's just the simplicity of it... Sweet tomatoes, spicy chorizo and rich, yolky eggs.


African Eggs

Whether you are making this as a weekend breakfast(it's great for that Sunday morning, after the rugby hangover-in which case I love to make it with sauteed potatoes), or a lovely simple dinner, this dish is great for all occasions, and as long as your audience likes eggs... I can guarantee it will be a hit!

See the recipe for my version of AFRICAN EGGS here :)

... and if you don't like chorizo or spice, you can simply leave out the chilli, and/or replace the chorizo with pork sausages or bacon! 

Remember to adjust the chilli, depending on the spice of your chorizo! If you can get your hands on a nice spicey one, you may not need to add any extra chilli at all. Or if like me, you love a little kick to your food- go nuts!

Happy breakfasting/ dinnering!


No comments:

Post a Comment