14 February 2015

Excuse my French!

Seeing as there is a big rugby game tonight, which obviously cancels out valentines day, Josh decided to take me out for breakfast.

We decided on Kalk Bay, seeing as it's one of my favourite places, and I knew exactly what I wanted. Nutella Crepes.

There is a little place on the main road, next door to the railway shop. A very small and rustic looking place, right along the coast that I have driven passed for years and always wanted to try, although for some reason, I have never actually gone inside. Excuse my French.
Signage on main road

It's a very charming little spot with it's rustic decor and miss matched tables and chairs. The menu consists of good coffee and as the name suggests, an array of sweet and savoury crepes.

Superb coffee


Menu written in chalk on the French Flag

Walking into the creperie

Although I knew exactly what I wanted, the rest of the menu sounded and smelled delicious. All cooked in a tiny little corner kitchen, served by as far as I could see, just one very friendly waiter.

Tiny corner kitchen
I may not be able to vouch for the rest of the menu, but I can say that my Nutella crepe was delicious. However judging by the amount of locals coming and going there must be something more to it.

Crepe au Chocolat
And although I think R35 for one Nutella pancake and R25 for a cinnamon and sugar pancake is a little on the pricey side, the view and atmosphere are somewhat priceless.

Even thought the weather wasn't great the view is still gorgeous

So, if you wake up craving a good cup of coffee and a yummy breakfast crepe, in a vibey spot with an unbeatable view. You should definitely give Excuse my French a Try.

No comments:

Post a Comment