10 June 2013

Get in my MEOWTH!

The most beautiful winter day, and a perfect day to spend at the Cape Point Vineyards Market in Noordhoek. And I mean could there actually be a more beautiful place to spend a day like this??


Beautiful views, any where you look

 Good food, Good wine and Good Company.

 Needless to say it was unbelievably difficult to decide what to eat!! The look and smell of some of that food was just incredible. And there was so much to choose from. Flat breads topped with Parma Ham, Rocket and Parmesan, and Pastas of all sorts. Sandwiches, Felafels, Shwarmas, Calamari with Aioli, Pizzas, Cakes, Sushi and much much more!! Never mind all the preserves and other delicacies that were on sale.




The bar, and the most amazing looking flat breads I have ever seen!

In the end I went with a bottle, yes a whole bottle, of Splattered toad white and an AMAZING slow roasted pork belly sarnie from non other than Pete Goffe Wood's Kitchen Cowboys.

My already half empty bottle ;)

A delicious fresh ciabata roll topped with slow roasted pork belly basted in jalapeno sauce with Dijon mustard, rocket and caramelized onions. Drooling yet? I am.. again.... hmmmmm :)
 
Having a great time in the sun

And it seems like I am not the only one who enjoyed it...

NOM!!!
Sadly though at some point the sun went away, the people packed up their delicious food, and we were left with nothing but the road home in front of us. But as they say all good things must come to an end, luckily there will be another Sunday and another Market day.

So thanks my people for a wonderful day in the sun! I couldn't think of a better way to end off the weekend and start a new week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment