25 June 2013

My stuff your face weekend

A weekend away for me = A weekend of me eating non stop. It's quite amazing actually. From chips, to braai food, chocolates, biscuits, sweets, fruit and marshmallows, it's like I'm a completely bottomless pit.

This weekend a few friends and I went to a farm just outside of Bonnievale along the Brede River. Needless to say it was absolutely beautiful there, but the thing that excited me most was not the view, it was all the food I brought with!!

The beautiful views from our cottage and Chips braving it out on the water

The best part- a well stocked fridge and alcohol cabinet/table
We arrived quite late on Friday evening so we set up a fire and I ran strait into the kitchen to make a potato salad. This is a complete necessity for me at a braai. One must have potatoes, and the 2 best forms of potatoes are....

The best 2 forms of potatoes
 CHIPS AND POTATO SALAD!!! Of course both made an appearance at the first nights dinner. I know potato salad can sometimes be a little boring- Mayo, Eggs, Chives... But I came up with this absolutely amazing version of potato salad which is sure to impress your guests at your next braai!


Other than the fact that I needed to have potato salad, there is one really really really great thing about braais... It's the one time where the guys will actually cook, and the girls can just kick back and drink their wine. 

Over the 2 nights we were there, were braaied delicious, a little under cooked ribs ;) and prego chicken.

Boys Braaing and Yummy food

Ineke and I even attempted catching our own lunch/dinner, however it seemed that the fish there are fussy and they were not interested in our corn :)

Catching Dinner
 Of course breakfast consisted of another of my famous fry ups- Bacon, eggs, toast, beans and mushrooms... Why does food make me so happy???

Lunch consisted of pick-nicking in the beautiful sunlight, which hadn't been seen for days in Cape Town. Sandwiches, Chips and Biscuits were to be considered a healthy meal. Luckily I brought those apples and oranges along so we didn't feel too guilty.

Pick-Nick lunch
Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd then.... To top it all off, the best best really really best part of the braai- MARSHMALLOWS!!

The really really best part


  YUM YUM YUM 
   
Unfortunately I am now back at home, back in the real world, and avoiding my scale at all costs!! But WOW what a fantastic food filled weekend!! I can't wait to go back :)



No comments:

Post a Comment