7 July 2013

A Tea Time Treat

After walking into Woolworths the other day and seeing some beautiful looking, obviously imported plums, I was reminded of my amazing recipe for a plum and almond cake.

Clearly I was unable to control myself, or wait for plums to come back into season. I had to buy them and bake it- immediately! It is one of my absolute favourites and it's just so easy to bake, I have no regrets!

Plum and Almond Cake

 Give it a try the next time you have people over for tea, your guests will love you, and in turn- you will love me for sharing this one, it's just that good!

The best part is that it can be made with any stone fruit, not just plums, or even apples or pears (I have made it with pears before and it may even have been better than with plums-just caramelize them in a sauce pan with some sugar before adding them to the cake). It's easy as pie, or should I say easy as Plum and almond cake :)
 
 Here it is... Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment