14 July 2013

Happiness in a mug

Every month Lisa and I develop a set of recipes for her monthly mailer. Some months it's very difficult to come up with a good theme and some months the idea just arrives. Last month was one of those amazing months where the idea was just so obvious...

It's flippen cold in Cape Town, and I don't know about anyone else, but when it's cold I find myself drinking copious amounts of tea and/or coffee to keep my hands and my tummy warm. The only problem is that it's has been cold for what feels like years now and I am so over tea. Besides that what am I supposed to do when we go out? Wine is cold and so is beer. Therefore the solution to last months mailer was just obvious... Warm Winter Drinks.

I made gluhwein, mulled cider (it's like gluhwein but made with cider... Sounds grosse but tastes incredible), clemengold and rooibos tea, and my new favourite hot drink in the world -White chocolate and hazelnut hot chocolate.

Hazelnut and White Chocolate Hot Chocolate

I have made this so many times since our shoot, and it just tastes better and better every time. Even Lisa who has more of a savory tooth than a sweet tooth had to admit it- we created something amazing. 

Just incase the super sweet super hot chocolate isn't enough, there is another really yummy thing I have just recently discovered... Choc-kits. I don't know why I have never eaten them before, but they are seriously amazing. I see them as the love child of a Nutticrust and a Romany cream (I think that perfectly describes how good they are). 

Dunking choc-kits into this white chocolate hot chocolate is guaranteed to make you warm and happy from the inside out, and for those sugar sensitive ones like me, maybe a little hyper too!



No comments:

Post a Comment