10 October 2013

1, 2, 3 BISCUITS!

I just realized it's been almost a month since I last shared a recipe... 

Yep, I totally agree. That is a long time, so I better get on it! 
A lot of people have commented on my beautiful background picture, and for those of you who were wondering, YES- I did make them. 

This is literally one of the easiest, and completely fool proof biscuit recipes you will ever try, and with a name like 1 2 3, I doubt you will ever forget it either.

Wondering why 1 2 3???
1 CUP SUGAR, 2 CUPS BUTTER, 3 CUPS FLOUR.

Yep, that simple!!

Click here for my 1 2 3 RECIPE, and instructions on decorating these pretty heart cookies :)

Beautiful heart shaped 1 2 3 Biscuits
Another really cool thing you can do with this recipe is make glass cookies.

Glass biscuits
All you do is cut stars and hearts out of round biscuits, and fill them with crushed sparkles or boiled sweets before baking. The sweets will melt and become flat and glass like during baking.

Make sure you bake them on a well greased baking tray covered in foil. I didn't and I couldn't get my first batch off very easily. But they are very impressive and yummy. 

These are also very cool for Christmas, make a little hole in the top and thread a piece ribbon through it, you can then hang them on the tree :)

Plain Round 123's
However, the simplest thing you can do with these, is roll the dough into a log before resting it in the fridge. Then when you want to bake them, you just cut the log into disks and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle them with a little castor sugar and bake until golden. .

This dough also freezes really well, so don't be afraid to make lots and keep if for a rainy day, or when that unexpected visitor pops by for tea :)

Happy baking..


No comments:

Post a Comment