12 January 2014

Red Velvet 'Get Well' Cake


On Monday my sister will be going in for the op she was supposed to have at the beginning of December, before the clever cookie went and got herself sick and they had to postpone….
 

Being the wonderful sister I am, on the day she was supposed to have the op, I decided to full fill her “life long dream” and bake her a Red Velvet Cake…  She has been asking me for one since I started the cupcake thing, but seeing as she doesn’t live with me, always manages to miss out some how.  


I baked her this beautiful cake. To say get well soon in the best possible way I know, only to find out that she managed to get herself sick again and the surgery was postponed.


Red Velvet Beauty

 My first thought was one of extreme excitement- Now I get to eat the cake myself, but really I should have known my little sister better than that… In the end her relentless nagging won, and she got to have the cake despite not having the surgery and my warnings of it being bad luck. Apparently she then proceeded to eat it whole with a fork- though these rumours have not been confirmed yet.


Hope it was worth it Porky, there will be no new cake on Monday ;) If you're lucky, maybe I’ll draw you one!

Pretty Cake Got Massacred by a fork

If you are wondering what I’ve put on top of it, they are these really cool chocolate transfers I found from wizBAKE - You just melt your chocolate and spread it over the sheet, then when it sets the colour/pattern are on the chocolate. They come in all different colours and patterns.


Have a look at my Red Velvet Cake Recipe- This recipe also works really well as cupcake.


Happy Baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment