31 January 2014

Satori- Kalk Bay



Tonight after a very long (and by long I mean 5am starts and 10pm finishes) week, Josh and I stopped for dinner in Kalk Bay. We looked in the door of pretty much every restaurant along the main road, and eventually settled on a little gem called Satori.

This little pizza/pasta restaurant is right in the heart of the vibey Kalk Bay- right across the road from the Brass Bell.


Seeing as Josh and I don’t rate any restaurants in the deep south very highly our expectations were rather low, but to our surprise and delight, this time we were wrong.


We sat at a ‘street counter’ type table facing the main road, where we got to watch the traffic and wonderful people this fabulous area has to offer, while drinking a much deserved bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (NO, I didn’t drink it alone! We shared! Stop judging!).

Vibey streets and a well deserved bottle
The menu is simple- Pizza, Pasta, Salad. Easy. Or so you would think… Each menu item sounds better than the last, simple bold flavours, classic Italian combinations and fresh ingredients cooked together to create something truly delicious.


I had a Corlone Pasta- at least I think that's what it was called?? It was the mouth watering combination of bacon, olives and chilli in a fresh tomato sauce with penne pasta. Out of this world… It even tasted better than I had imagined in my head.


Unfortunately I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic
Josh had their version of a ‘four seasons’ which was actually a mixture of four classic pizzas. I was too full to taste it after my pasta but he says it was very nice, he only wished it had a little more tomato base on it. Judging from the amount of people eating their pizzas and ordering take-away tough, I reckon they were pretty good.


Josh's left overs AKA Sara's lunch
Even though they were fully packed the service was consistently good and very friendly and welcoming.

Fully packed inside and out
And the best part is, their prices are very reasonable!


I guess what I’m trying to say is GO TRY IT OUT!!! Although if you decide to enter Kalk Bay on a Sunday, do so at your own risk!


Wishing you all a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, harsh words about the restaurants in the deep south...
    Really?
    ANY???
    Not even McDonalds, KFC or Foodbarn??? :p :D
    Will try Satori, when I am allowed to feast again... :)

    ReplyDelete